Search Warrant Prompts Drug Arrests
Weekly incidents from the Kirkwood Police Department.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Oct. 29-Nov. 4. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- At 11:39 a.m., Kirkwood Police, with assistance from the St Louis County Police Tactical Unit, served a search warrant at a residence in the 400 block of South Taylor Avenue. Five adults were arrested for possession of a controlled substance, distribution of a controlled substance, or outstanding warrants through area police departments.
Monday, Oct. 29
- At 4:58 p.m., police received a delayed report of property damage to a vehicle. The resident, who resides in the 1100 block of Whitecliff, noticed during the week of Oct. 15 someone entered his unlocked vehicle but took nothing. The resident later discovered his vehicle was, in fact locked, and his door lock had been damaged.
- At 7:52 p.m., a resident from Lamertin Lane in Oakland reported a residential burglary. The resident arrived home to find a burglar had entered the home by removing a screen to an unlocked window. A laptop computer, DVD player, and a jewelry box were stolen.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- At 5:19 p.m., dispatch received a report of a theft in progress from a vehicle parked in the 700 block of South Kirkwood Road. The owner of the vehicle observed an adult male unknown to her inside her vehicle. She yelled at the suspect who then entered a nearby silver passenger car and fled from the area. The owner discovered a window to her vehicle was broken out and a GPS and credit cards stolen.
- At 6:36 p.m., officers responded to the 1200 block of Rockridge for a report of theft. The resident reported while parked in the 400 block of New York an iPhone was stolen from her unlocked vehicle.
Saturday, Nov. 3
- At 1:10 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Argonne and Fillmore. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after marijuana and related drug paraphernalia were found inside the vehicle.
- At 10:41 p.m., police received a report of a theft of an iPhone from a business in the 9900 block of Big Bend in Oakland. The responding officer recognized the phone as one he had seen a few minutes earlier during a traffic stop on an adult driver in the area. The officer responded to the location of the adult driver and found him still in possession of the stolen phone. The adult was arrested for stealing. The phone was returned to the owner.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- At 12:48 p.m., an adult driver was arrested after being stopped for a traffic violation near the intersection of Woodbine and South Kirkwood Road. Charges included driving under the influence of alcohol, violation of an electric traffic signal, and a person less than twenty-one years of age in possession of intoxicating liquor.
Shoplifting, Oct. 29 - Nov. 4
- During the week, Kirkwood Police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. Both incidents occurred at the same retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.
Other crime stories from the week: