Bring tropical drama to your garden and containers with Madeira, a velvety ebony-leaved vixen you'll long to touch. It's huge dark leaves contrasts and complements brightly colored foliage and flowers. Water well when first planted, tolerant of considerable drought when established. An application of mulch in fall will ensure winter survival. Grows 2-3.' Hardy in zones 6-10, that means St. Louis.
Thank you to Sugar Creek Gardens for teaching us about Madeira. Like Sugar Creek Gardens Facebook to stay up-to-date on nursery happenings and to view more photos.
Check out more Plant Picks:
- 'Fire Spinner' Ice Plant Handles Heat Like a Breeze
- The Most Fragrant Peony on Earth
- Blooms Abound From 'Inca Ice' Peruvian Lily
- Plant of the Week: Butterfly Weed
- Plant of the Week: Prairie Sun Green-Eyed Susan
- 'Indian Warrior' aka Turkey Foot: Majestic Missouri Hybrid
- Plant Pick: Violet Filli Crapemyrtle
- 'Double Scoop Raspberry' Coneflower Stands Up to Drought