Our hamburger poll garnered lots of votes and strong opinions this week.
Patch readers had a lot to say about their hamburgers. Here are a few of their comments:
- Mark Cockson said "Sorry, but fatted calf wins hands down! This Clayton eatery is so delish that my dad used to drive here from Nebraska (and Omaha stockyards & beef are primo!) Just for the burgers & toppings!"
- Chad Krause said "Duh! Cousin Hugo's has the best burger in town!!"
- For those of you in the mood for something different, Rick nominated Three Kings, saying "Three Kings is definitely THE BEST Veggie burger in town, and I've been on a mission and had em all (sub zero ain't bad)...If their real burger is half as good...it must be great!"
There were seven other restaurants that garnered votes — Blueberry Hill, Fitz's American Grill and Three Kings in University City; Carl's Drive-In, Cousin Hugos and Crow's Nest in the Maplewood-Brentwood area; and the Trainwreck Saloon in Rock Hill.
The Fatted Calf ended up with 20 percent of the vote. Here's how the other Food Fight finalists ranked:
- Crow's Nest — 17 percent
- Cousin Hugo's — 16 percent
- Trainwreck Saloon — 14 percent
- Blueberry Hill — 10 percent
- Three Kings Public House — 8 percent
- Carl's Drive-In — 8 percent
- Fitz's American Grill — 2 percent
Check back on Monday for next week's Food Fight!