Are There Too Many Gas Stations in Kirkwood?
Some comments on a proposed new U-Gas on Kirkwood Road suggests that's the case. Do you agree?
News of a new U-Gas station being proposed for 915 North Kirkwood Road between Wilson and West Sarah avenues prompted a few comments from readers who think Kirkwood is too flush with fuel already.
We took a look and mapped the service stations we knew of in Kirkwood, including five within a stone's throw of the proposed new station. We found 14, but let us know if we're missing any.
Click on the interactive map above to see more about the service stations listed on the map above, or double-click to zoom in on an area.
Here's the list of stations and links to our directory listings.
- Midwest Amoco BP: 10901 Manchester Road
- Mobil: 11152 Manchester Road
- Hucks Food and Fuel Stores: 10170 Manchester Road
- Phillips 66: 11142 Big Bend Road
- Circle K: 1435 S Kirkwood Road
- Circle K: 12804 Manchester Road
- QuikTrip: 9951 Big Bend Blvd.
- Phillips 66: 400 N Kirkwood Road
- Circle K: 9931 Watson Road
- Mobil On The Run: 9950 Big Bend Blvd.
- Waterway Gas & Wash: 10850 Manchester Road
- U-Gas: 3033 S Hanley Road
- Kirkwood Service Center: 401 N Kirkwood Road
Do you think there are too many gas stations in or around Kirkwood? If so, what's the solution? Or what's the problem with that?