Crime Log: Car Burglar Caught Red-Handed in Kirkwood
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for May 7-13
Monday, May 7
- At 2:54 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity near the intersection of Manchester and Geyer roads. A witness reported seeing one adult near several parked vehicles at a nearby business. Officers located the adult in the act of stealing from a vehicle parked in the 1200 block of North Geyer Road. She was arrested. Investigation found the adult had broken into at least two vehicles in the general area. She was also charged with possession of a controlled substance due to being in possession of prescription narcotics that were not prescribed to her at the time of her arrest. The other adult was located but determined to not be involved in any crime.
- At 9:31 a.m., police were summoned to the 500 block of North Kirkwood Road for a report of theft. The resident reported unknown persons stole a GPS unit from her vehicle sometime during the previous overnight hours.
- At about 9:30 p.m., employees of a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road called police concerning a shoplifter. An employee observed an adult attempt to steal merchandise from the business. Employees detained the person until police arrived. The adult was arrested and the merchandise was recovered.
Friday, May 11
- At 11:28 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on eastbound Interstate 44 near Berry Road in Oakland. The adult driver was arrested after she was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.
Saturday, May 12
- At 12:54 p.m., a resident from the 400 block of South Holmes Avenue reported a theft to police. Sometime during the preceding week unknown persons stole a weed eater from a basement storage area.
- At 5:45 p.m., officers were dispatched to a business in the 300 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of a subject with a gun outside the establishment. Officers arrived and located the adult subject in question. No gun was located. The adult had been warned on several previous occasions by management not to return to the premises. He was arrested for trespassing.
For more information about this blotter, contact email@example.com.