Crime Log: Home Break-In on Maple; Cars Burglarized
A resident on East Maple reported to police that someone has entered his home through a window that was forced open.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction. The Kirkwood crime blotter for June 25 through July 1.
- At 2:08 p.m. police responded to a burglary in progress in the 100 block of East Maple. The victim left the residence, entered his vehicle in the driveway, and realized he had left something inside. He entered the residence and heard footsteps running through the home. He found a window forced open. Nothing was reported stolen.
- At 5:45 a.m. a resident from the 1800 block of Enola reported a theft to police. Sometime during the overnight hours unknown persons entered an unlocked vehicle parked at the residence and stole cash and prescription medication.
- At 2:35 a.m. officers responded to southbound I-270 north of Big Bend for a motor vehicle accident. Officers were unable to locate any vehicles. A short time later, another call was received about a stranded motorist on I-270 near I-44 in Sunset Hills, MO. The vehicle was the same one involved in the earlier accident. The adult driver was not injured. He was arrested, however, after he was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was also cited for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- At 3:49 a.m. police were dispatched to a residence in the 10800 block of Big Bend for a report of a stolen vehicle. A resident parked his vehicle unattended and left the keys in the center console. He discovered the vehicle missing several hours later. About an hour after the initial report the stolen vehicle was recovered near the intersection of Rayburn and Lynstone in Sunset Hills, MO. The vehicle was unoccupied and damaged. Detectives are investigating.
- At 5:53 p.m. a resident residing in the 600 block of Knierim reported a theft. Unknown persons entered an unlocked vehicle sometime during the overnight hours and stole a backpack, GPS, and sunglasses.
- At 2:01 a.m. employees of a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road reported several adults in the store stealing. Officers arrived and located the adults in a vehicle attempting to leave the area. Investigation led to the arrest of four adults; two for shoplifting, one for a traffic offense, and one for an outstanding warrant.
- At 10:19 p.m. Officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Coverdale for a report of an injured man in the area. Investigation revealed that William Earnhart had assaulted the victim with a sword causing a serious injury to the victim’s arm. The victim was admitted to an area hospital for treatment. The suspect is being held on $100,000 bond. See a full article about this incident.
- At 4:39 p.m. officers responded to southbound I-270 for a report of a vehicle accident. Witnesses advised the driver of a vehicle that caused the accident had fled the scene on foot. Officers located the female driver a short distance from the scene where she was taken into custody. The suspect was transported to an area hospital where she was treated and released into police custody. The case will be presented to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.