Police Respond to Burglaries, Bust Underage Party in Kirkwood
Weekly incidents from the Kirkwood Police Department.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Nov. 12-18. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Nov. 12
- At 5:23 a.m., police received a report of a burglary at a business located in the 200 block of South Kirkwood Road. An employee arrived to find cash and food missing from the business. A window was found insecure which the suspect used to gain entry.
Tuesday, Nov. 13
- At 3:10 p.m., police investigated a report of suspicious activity in the 300 block of Alsobrook. Three subjects were reportedly sitting in a vehicle using illegal narcotics. Officers located the vehicle and discovered one of the adults was in possession of marijuana. He was arrested.
Friday, Nov. 16
- At 10:05 a.m., officers were dispatched to a residence on Harwood Lane in Oakland for a report of delayed burglary. The resident reported silver flatware stolen from the home sometime within the previous three months.
- At 4:15 p.m., employees at a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road called police to report theft. An employee was observed stealing an electronic item from the business. The employee was terminated from employment and arrested by police for stealing.
Saturday, Nov. 17
- At 12:05 a.m., a resident from the 600 block of West Washington called police to report property damage. The resident heard loud noises and went outside to investigate. The resident observed an item thrown from a blue passenger vehicle strike his vehicle and possibly cause damage. The blue suspect vehicle left the area. A few minutes later police responded to assist A Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper with a DWI investigation near the intersection of Couch and West Adams. The DWI vehicle was possibly the same as the one involved in the property damage on West Washington. The adult driver was arrested for DWI. The investigation into the property damage continues.
- At 10 p.m., a resident from the 700 block of Brookcreek called police to report a residential burglary. The resident arrived home to find items moved inside the home a TV sitting on the back deck. Nothing else was reported missing. Entry was gained via an unlocked door.
- At 10:25 p.m., officers were called to residence in the 300 block of West Madison for a report of a loud underage party. Officers arrived and discovered seven adults under the age of twenty-one in possession of liquor. The seven adults were cited for possession of intoxicating liquor by a person less than twenty-one years of age.
Sunday, Nov. 18
- At 8:57 p.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of North Kirkwood Road and Essex Avenue. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after she was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.
Shoplifting, Nov. 12-18
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested two adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. The offenses occurred at retail stores in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. One of the arrested faces a felony stealing charge due to having at least two previous theft-related convictions. The case will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.