Crime Log: Police Arrest Trespasser at KHS, Respond to Burglary
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for March 26 through April 1.
Monday, March 26
- At 11:28 a.m., police received a delayed report of a theft from a vehicle parked in the 200 block of North Clay Avenue. A purse containing credit cards and cash was stolen from the vehicle.
Tuesday, March 27
- At 8:22 a.m., officers were dispatched to the area of McClain Drive and South Geyer Road for a report of a solicitor. Officers arrived and located an adult who was knocking on residents' doors asking for money. A routine record check revealed the subject had a warrant through a neighboring police jurisdiction. He was arrested.
- At 6:46 p.m., a resident from the 800 block of Doerwood Court reported identity theft to police. An unknown person gained access to the victim’s credit card account and made a wire transfer of money valued over $1,000.
- At 8:45 p.m., police responded to a burglary at an apartment in the 500 block of Fieldmount Drive. The resident reported a gaming system and games stolen.
Thursday, March 29
- At 1:45 p.m., police arrested an adult at Kirkwood High School for trespassing. The adult was a former student at the school and had been warned on previous occasions not to return by faculty and staff.
Friday, March 30
- At 5:41 p.m., officers responded to a retail business in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of shoplifting. Employees of the business observed an adult open several packages of merchandise and conceal the merchandise in a backpack. The adult attempted to leave the store without paying for any of the merchandise. Officers arrested the adult for stealing. The adult was also cited for possession of marijuana.
- At 8:53 p.m., police were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Marshall Road and Tree Court Industrial Boulevard. A witness reported seeing one vehicle strike another while trying to park, leave the scene and park in a different location nearby. Officers arrived and located the driver of the vehicle that left the scene. The driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. The owner of the other vehicle was located and notified of the damage.
Saturday, March 31
- At 1:09 p.m., officers were summoned to a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of shoplifting. Store employees observed three adults leave the store without paying for merchandise. Employees stopped one adult who was detained until police arrived. The first adult was arrested. Police located the other two adults on the parking lot of the business. They were both arrested. One of the adults was charged with a felony due to having at least two prior stealing-related convictions.
Sunday, April 1
- At 3:42 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on westbound Interstate 44 near Sappington Road in Oakland. Investigation revealed the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested.
For more information about this blotter contact firstname.lastname@example.org.