Crime Log: Three Arrested in Kirkwood for Felony Thefts
Weekly incidents from the Kirkwood Police Department.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Dec. 10-16. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
- A resident from St Louis notified police of that his debit card was used fraudulently in the 100 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim’s wallet was stolen in Ladue, MO, on 11-30-12. His debit card was then used to make a withdrawal in the amount of $200 at an ATM in Kirkwood during the early morning hours of 12-01-2012.
Thursday, Dec. 13
- SEE: Police: Three Homes Burglarized in Kirkwood
- Detectives arrested an adult in St Louis in connection with a theft investigation at a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The original incident occurred in December of 2010. The adult, along with two others, stole over $800 in merchandise. The case will be forwarded to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- Detectives arrested an adult in Jennings for a theft from a business located in the 10300 block of Manchester Road. Several temporary license plates were stolen during the months of August and September 2012 while the adult was employed at the business. The case was referred to municipal court.
Friday, Dec. 14
- At 3:32 p.m., police responded to a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of subjects stealing. Employees observed two adults conceal merchandise in purses. A third adult was also present and recognized by employees as being involved in a previous theft at the same store on 12-08-2012. Police arrested the three for stealing. A fourth adult was arrested on the parking lot in connection with the thefts. Two of the four were found to have participated in another theft at the same store on 12-12-2012. Three face felony theft charges and the fourth faces a misdemeanor charge of stealing. The felony cases will be forwarded to the St Louis County Prosecutor’s Office for review.
Saturday, Dec. 15
Kirkwood Police arrested three adults during the week of Monday, 12-10-2012 through Sunday, 12-16-2012, for shoplifting merchandise from a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood. All three were separate incidents and referred to municipal court.