Crime Log: Traffic Stops Lead to Marijuana Arrests in Kirkwood
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for March 12-18.
Tuesday, March 13
- At 9:02 a.m., police were notified by a resident of the 500 block of Pointe Essex Court that she was the victim of fraud. The victim reported unknown persons gained access to her credit card information and used it to make an online purchase.
Wednesday, March 14
- At 8:41 a.m., officers stopped an adult motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Kirkwood and Big Bend roads. During the stop officers located marijuana inside the vehicle and the driver was arrested.
Thursday, March 15
- At 11:55 p.m., police investigated a suspicious vehicle in the 200 block of Quan Avenue. Police discovered marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle and arrested the three adult occupants.
Friday, March 16
- At 3:36 p.m., an employee at a business located in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road reported a theft to police. An adult male not known to staff entered the employee break room and stole the employee’s purse. The purse contained credit cards, cash, a cell phone and other miscellaneous items.
Saturday, March 17
- At 9:01 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on eastbound Interstate 44 near Sappington Road in Oakland. The adult driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
- At 9:05 p.m., a resident from the 600 block of Norfolk Drive reported a theft to police. Two decorative planters were stolen from the yard of the residence.
Shoplifting: March 12-18
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the offenses occurred at one retail store located in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.