CRIME LOG: Vacation Burglary in Kirkwood
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for July 30 through August 5.
Monday, July 30
- At 1:15 p.m., police were summoned to a residence in the 800 block of North Kirkwood for a report of a residential burglary. The resident returned home from vacation to find jewelry, a purse, and car keys missing from the home.
- At 1:59 p.m., employees of a business located in the 100 block of West Adams called police to report a theft. A flat screen television was stolen from an interior office sometime during the previous weekend.
Tuesday, July 31
- At 5:55 a.m., police received reports of several mailboxes damaged in the 700 block of Chippendale. Five mailboxes were knocked over sometime during the overnight hours.
- POLICE: $5000 in Jewelry Stolen From Vehicle in String of Thefts
Wednesday, August 1
- At 11:30 a.m., police were notified of a solicitor attempting to sell cleaning solution in the area of the North Clay and West Argonne. Officers located the solicitor and he was arrested after he was found not to have a soliciting license.
Friday, August 3
- At 5:49 p.m., officers were dispatched to a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of a shoplifter. Employees of the business observed an adult attempt to steal merchandise from the business. Investigation led to an additional charge of stealing against the adult when it was determined the adult stole merchandise from a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The adult was arrested.
Saturay, August 4
- At 4:14 p.m., police responded to a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of a theft from the store. Employees detained an adult that attempted to steal merchandise from the establishment. The adult assaulted employees while attempting to flee prior to police arrival. The adult was arrested.