A Glendale mom and her two children were laid to rest Saturday. The three were found shot to death at their home at 740 Hawbrook on Monday morning.
The funeral for Catherine Murch and her children, Mary Claire and Mitchell III, ages 8 and 10 respectively, was held Saturday at Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis and the burials took place at St. Peter's Cemetery in Kirkwood.
Authorities confirmed on Friday that the shooting deaths were murder-suicide, based on physical and circumstantial evidence. They say Catherine took the lives of her children and then turned the gun on herself.
Our partners at Fox 2 were on the scene Saturday as the three caskets were carried out of the church. The children attended Mary Queen of Peace School in Webster Groves, and the family was very active in the church.
See previous Patch stories:
- Police Believe Glendale Shooting Deaths Were Murder-Suicide
- UPDATE: Funeral Details for Glendale Shooting Victims Announced
- Glendale Mayor: ‘It's a Time for Our People to Come Together’
- UPDATE: Police Release Statement on Glendale Shootings
- Glendale Mother Was a Nurse at Local Health Care Provider
- Community Mourns Loss of Glendale Mom, 2 Children
- Children Found Dead in Glendale Attended Mary Queen of Peace School
- Woman, 2 Children Found Dead in Glendale