CRIME LOG: Suspect Arrested in Kirkwood for Stealing Items Used to Make Meth
The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Aug. 13-19.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- Suspect Arrested at Kirkwood Pharmacy for Trying to Pass Fake Prescription
- At 9:39 p.m., detectives were contacted by loss prevention personnel of a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road regarding a theft. The loss prevention personnel reported an adult, who was recognized as a former employee, stole an iPhone from the business.
Thursday, Aug. 16
- At 4:55 p.m., officers responded to the 10200 block of Manchester Road for a fraud report. An adult was inside the business attempting to pass an altered check. Officers arrived and arrested the adult for forgery. A routine computer check also revealed the adult had an outstanding arrest warrant through a neighboring police jurisdiction. One day later another business in the 10400 block of Manchester Road reported receiving an altered check from the same individual. Both forgery cases will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- Report of Man Selling Pills Behind Kirkwood Restaurant Leads to Arrest
Saturday, Aug. 18
- At 10:41 p.m., police were dispatched to the 1000 block of North Clay Avenue for a loud underage party. Officers located the home where the party was and found that the homeowner’s child was having the party. The parent was out of town. The party was ended and one adult male was cited for possession of an intoxicating liquor by a person under the age of 21.
Sunday, Aug. 19
- At 3:43 a.m., officers were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident in the 800 block of Dickson Street. One vehicle left the roadway and a stop sign and a telephone pole. The adult driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Shoplfiting, Aug. 13-19
During the week, five people were arrested for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. The offenses occurred at retail businesses in the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road.
One of the adults was charged with felony stealing since she had at least two previous theft-related convictions. The case will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Another adult was charged with appropriating material for the making of methamphetamine since the items stolen were commonly used to manufacture methamphetamine. That case will also be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.