Kirkwood Crime Log: Feb. 20-26
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Feb. 20-26.
Monday, Feb. 20
- At 7:59 a.m., police responded to a theft report in the 700 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim reported a leather coat and wallet stolen from his vehicle during the previous overnight hours. The vehicle was locked and the suspect damaged a door lock to gain entry.
- At 12:04 p.m., officers received a report of fraud that occurred at a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim, a resident of Wildwood, had her credit card stolen in Des Peres Feb. 19. The credit card was then used by a suspect at retail store in Kirkwood for more than $4,000 in purchases.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
- At 1:17 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Kirkwood Road and Interstate 44. The officer discovered illegal narcotics in the vehicle and arrested one of the adult occupants.
- Detectives arrested an adult for stealing property valued at $500 or more. The original incident occurred during the week of Jan. 9 at a business in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The case will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- Detectives arrested an adult for stealing. The theft occurred during the week of Dec. 26, at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. On Wednesday, detectives arrested a second adult at a residence in St. Louis in connection with the same case. Both suspects were referred to Kirkwood Municipal Court.
Thursday, Feb. 23
Shoplifting, Feb. 20-26
- During the week, Kirkwood Police arrested four adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the offenses occurred at a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.