Should Downtown Kirkwood Get Shopping Directories?
Business and city leaders are exploring the idea to enhance shoppers' experience in Downtown Kirkwood.
The idea of having shopping directories and map kiosks in Downtown Kirkwood met with the favor of city and business leaders during a meeting last week.
Fun in the Sun Sports owner Nancy McGee sat down with Kirkwood Mayor Art McDonnell and Donna Poe, director of the Downtown Kirkwood Special Business District, to discuss the possibility.
At the meting, Poe presented examples of kiosks that ranged in price.
"Both Donna and the Mayor were very receptive to the idea of offering downtown visitors with a more clear way of discovering the shops and restaurants (and parking)," McGee told Patch in an email.
The price of the type of kiosks would dictate the functionality and flexibility of the signage on the directories, according to McGee.
"Ideally, it would be able to be updated regularly and include event info," McGee said, pointing to Downtown Kirkwood events like the sidewalk sale, Fall Festival, Holiday Walk and Halloween Walk.
Some examples of directory and map kiosks presented by Poe included those in The Loop and Laclede's Landing.
Patch thought it would be fun to survey readers. Cast your vote in the poll below to weigh in.
- Fun in the Sun Sports Brings Coastal Fashion to Downtown Kirkwood
- 11 New Businesses in Downtown Kirkwood
- Streetlight Banners in Downtown Kirkwood Get Redesign
- Art on the Vines: 'A Little Bit About Art, A Lot About Fun'
- New Personalized Gift Store to Open in Downtown Kirkwood
- Accessories Boutique Joins Downtown Kirkwood Shopping Scene