Stolen Vehicle Suspect With Gunshot Wound Arrested in Kirkwood
The following arrest information was supplied by the Kirkwood Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter Feb. 23-19.
Wednesday, Feb. 15
- At 4:29 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on eastbound Interstate 44 near Sappington Road in Oakland. The driver and an adult passenger were arrested after an officer located marijuana and related drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
Thursday, Feb. 16
- At 12:35 p.m., police responded to the first block of Sappington Spur in Oakland for a report of fraud. The victim recently traveled to Chicago where his debit card number was used for over $20,000 in illegal purchases.
- At 4:19 p.m., officers were dispatched to a business in the 400 block of North Kirkwood Road for a report of a subject soliciting money from the elderly. Routine record checks revealed the adult had active warrants. The subject was arrested. The adult was also found to be in possession of controlled substances at the time of the arrest.
Saturday, Feb. 18
- At 8:31 a.m., officers stopped a motor vehicle for a traffic offense in the 100 block of South Kirkwood Road. A routine record check revealed the vehicle reported stolen at a night club in Brooklyn, IL. The adult driver sustained a gunshot wound during the original incident in Brooklyn, IL. The driver was transported to an area hospital for treatment of injuries. The vehicle was retained as evidence and the case against the driver will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review. Brooklyn, IL, police are also investigating.
- At 12:31 p.m., a resident from Oakville, MO, reported an identity theft to police. The victim lost their Missouri driver’s license and discovered a bank account was opened using their information. A check was written on the account at a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road.
Sunday, Feb. 19
- At 12:08 a.m., police received a report of a traffic accident where one of the vehicles left the scene near the intersection of Manchester and North Kirkwood roads. Officers located the vehicle that left the scene near the intersection of North Kirkwood Road and Bodley Avenue. The adult driver was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and for minor in possession of intoxicating liquor.