The Kirkwood Pioneers will travel to Parkway Central on Friday, October 12 for a 7:00 p.m. game versus their Suburban South Conference rivals. The winner will have the only undefeated conference record entering the final week of regular season games. Both teams enter the game in the top three in both scoring offense and defense in the conference.
The Pioneers jumped out to a 27-0 lead en route to a 40-21 win over the Colts in the 2011 matchup. Kirkwood RB Ramon Alton rushed for over 100 yards and a touchdown while QB Jordan Bishop also contributed two rushing touchdowns. On paper, Kirkwood (6-0) and Parkway Central (7-0) look very similar: both have big-time running backs, but also spread the ball around to a number of different rushers and receivers.
Key Parkway Central Players:
- QB/K/P Zach Lazenby (#12) - 31 of 51 passing for 606 yards & 9 TDs. Also has 3 FGs and 31 PAT Kicks
- RB Augie Brooks (#21) - 155 rushes for 1041 yards & 8 TDs
- TE Jonathan Bonner (#86) - 5 catches for 132 yards (All Touchdowns)
- DL Quentin Gray (#56) - 4 sacks & 1 fumble recovery
- LB Miles Dvorak (#92) - 62 total tackles (40 tackles & 22 assists), 1 sack & 1 fumble recovery
|Team Comparison||Kirkwood||Parkway Central|
|Points Scored (per game)||42.2||36.3|
|Points Against (per game)||13.8||10.3|
|Yards Offense (per game)||371.5||359.4|
|Rushing Offense (per game)||239.5||272.9|
|Passing Offense (per game)||132||86.6|
|Fumble Recoveries (total)||1||4|