A host of fun-filled activities are in store for Saturday's Farmers' Market Peach Festival and Downtown Kirkwood's Sidewalk Sale.
In addition to peach samples galore from farmers' market vendors, the day also will feature funky Chicago-style blues from "UJ" and the Down Home Blues Band and the unveiling of a sculpture donated to Kirkwood by local artist Brother Mel Meyer S.M. of the Marianist Galleries.
The farmers' market also is the registration point for Kirkwood Farmers' Market Bike Ride, a free 20-mile trek, mostly along Grant's trail.
Schedule of Events:
- 8am: Farmer's Market Opens
- 9-10am: Trailnet Farmers' Market Family Bikeride along the Great Rivers Greenway (free)
- 9:30am: Sculpture by Bro. Mel Meyer S.M. Unwrapping
- 10am-5pm: Shopping for bargains
- 10-11am: Best Local Peach Contest at market
- 10am-12pm: Peachy Samples at the farmers' market, UJ and the Downhome Band perform
- Noon-5pm: Shop, Dine & Stroll downtown Kirkwood
Click here to see a list of business' participating in the Sidewalk Sale. Two of the businesses have been featured in our Fashion Friday: