Kirkwood Farmers' Market will host the first-ever Apple Festival on Saturday, September 1! (Rain or Shine!) The fun begins with a cooking demonstration at 10 a.m. by Travis Thompson from Zia's Italian Food Truck and Zia's on the Hill. He will be preparing a grilled pork tenderloin with a bourbon molasses glaze, topped with roasted red peppers and apples. Following the cooking demonstration, shoppers can taste different varieties of apples currently available in the market. If the rain holds out, we will have The Lulus by the pergola from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. filling the market with music.
September 1 Schedule of Activities:
8:00 a.m. - Farmers’ Market Opens
10:00 a.m. - Cooking Demonstration by Travis Thompson from Zia's Italian Food Truck and Zia's on the Hill
10:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. - The Lulus perform
10:00a.m. to Noon - Taste and compare varieties of apples and samples of apple treats.
Vendors, Saturday, Sept. 1
- Brad's Kettle Korn--fresh popped kettle corn
- Cafe Manila--Pan-Asian cuisine
- CJ's Produce and Plants--fresh-picked apples, corn, beautiful flowers and more.
- Farrar Out Farm--meats, tomatoes, peppers and potatoes. Farrar Out is accepting deposits for Thanksgiving turkeys!
- Great Harvest Bread, Co.--apple breads, whole-wheat breads and more!
- McArthur's Bakery--special apple treats for the Apple Festival!
- Menard Farms--homegrown, hand-picked produce
- On the Wind--organic produce
- Princess Delights--gluten-free, sugar-free, natural breads
- Russ' Ribs and BBQ--ribs and BBQ and more (Russ’ serves breakfast and coffee, too!)
- Summit Produce--produce, plants, meats, cheese and so much more
- Tropical Moose--Walkaway Waffles in the morning, tropicals and treats in the afternoon