The blotter for July 11 through July 17.
Monday, July 11
- At 9:44 a.m., a resident from the 100 block of East Clinton Place called police to report property damage. Someone broke a window on the resident’s garage door with a rock.
- At 7:25 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 200 block of Lindeman Road. One vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree. The vehicle left the scene. A few minutes later, police were summoned to the 500 block of West Adams Avenue where the driver, an adult male, had relocated. He was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of alcohol by a person less than 21 years of age. An adult male passenger also was cited for possession of alcohol by a person less than 21 years of age.
Tuesday, July 12
- At 10:26 a.m., officers were summoned to an eatery in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of an assault and property damage. An employee threw a knife during an argument with a manager and when leaving knocked a computer to the floor. The adult male was arrested on Wednesday, July 13, and he was held until the case was presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office on Thursday, July 14. Charges of Second-Degree Assault, Second-Degree Property Damage and Unlawful Use of a Weapon were issued against Christopher Simmons, 27, of Kirkwood. He was transferred to the St. Louis County Jail and held on $25,000 bond.
- At 5:31 p.m., a suspicious vehicle in the 500 block of Weatherfield Lane was reported to police. Officers arrived and discovered the red passenger vehicle was reported stolen in Glendale. Officers from Glendale responded to the scene and the vehicle was turned over to them for further investigation.
- At 10:08 p.m., multiple residents from the 500 block of Andrews Avenue called to report hearing several gunshots. See Article: .
Wednesday, July 13
- At 10:04 a.m., a resident from the 600 block of Angenette Avenue reported a theft that occurred in May. The resident ordered items via the Internet which were then shipped to the resident. The resident claimed to have never received the items. The investigation continues.
Thursday, July 14
- At 9:11 a.m., officers recovered a stolen vehicle parked at a business in the 10200 block of Manchester Road. The vehicle was originally stolen from Belleville, IL. Detectives are investigating.
Monday, July 11 through Sunday, July 17
- Kirkwood Police arrested one adult male and two adult females for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the thefts occurred at one retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.