The blotter for April 2-8.
Monday, April 2
- At 1:40 p.m., police responded to a disturbance on the parking lot of a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. A witness reported a male and female fighting over electronic items. Officers arrived and located the two adults. Both agreed to meet to return property to the other but an argument ensued. Both parties damaged property belonging to the other but neither wished any further involvement from police. Both left the area separately.
- At 6:30 p.m., officers were summoned to the 300 block of North Taylor Avenue for several reports of property damage. Five different vehicles parked in the area were damaged by unknown persons.
Tuesday, April 3
- At 6:15 a.m., a resident from the 1200 block of Orleans Street reported the theft of a vehicle. The victim’s vehicle was stolen sometime during the previous night between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Friday, April 6
- Detectives arrested an adult in connection with an ongoing investigation involving a theft at a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The original incident occurred during the week of Jan. 9. The victim, from Shrewsbury, reported her wallet stolen while shopping at the retail store in Kirkwood. The case will be forwarded to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- At 4:14 p.m., police were dispatched to the 12600 block of Big Bend Road for a report of theft and property damage. A resident reported a window broken on his vehicle and a briefcase containing papers and an iPod were stolen.
- At 5:20 p.m., police responded to the 300 block of North Taylor Avenue for a report of theft. The victim reported her purse containing cash and credit cards stolen from her vehicle while she visited a nearby business.
- At 10:40 p.m., officers received a report of a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Couch Avenue and Big Bend Road. As police were en route, one of the drivers left the scene on foot. The adult driver was located a short distance away. He was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and driving under the influence of alcohol.
Shoplifting: April 2-8
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested eight adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. The offenses occurred at businesses in the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road. Two of the adults fled from police but were captured a short distance away and also charged with resisting arrest. Two of the eight were charged with felony stealing since they had at least two prior theft-related convictions. A third had marijuana in their possession at the time of arrest and was charged with possession of marijuana.