The blotter for Aug. 6-12.
Monday, August 6
- At 4:08 p.m., a Florissant resident reported fraud to police. She discovered four fraudulent transactions on her bank account, all of which occurred at ATM machines.
Tuesday, August 7
Wednesday, August 8
- At 1:54 a.m., officers responded to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of West Essex and North Harrison avenues. One vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree. Officers arrested the adult driver after she was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.
- At 11:25 a.m., a theft was reported in the 400 block of South Harrison. Tools were stolen from an unlocked service truck on Aug. 6.
Friday, August 10
- At 2:38 p.m., police were notified of a theft that occurred at a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim reported leaving her purse in a fitting room. Upon return to the fitting room she found her purse but discovered two cell phones missing.
Shoplifting: Aug. 6-12
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested five adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the offenses occurred at a retail businesses in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. One of the persons arrested was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia at the time of arrest. Two were charged with felonies since one stole merchandise in excess of five hundred dollars and another had at least two previous theft-related convictions.