The blotter for April 23-29.
Monday, April 23
- At 4:09 p.m., police received a report of a theft from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of Mendelsohn Drive. The resident report sometime during the day a purse containing credit cards and cash was stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
Tuesday, April 24
- At 12:27 a.m., officers were summoned to the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of property destruction. An adult was reported to have broken out the windows of a vehicle parked on the parking lot of a business. The adult was arrested for property damage. The case was referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- At 9:47 a.m., police received delayed report of a larceny. The victim reported a cell phone stolen during the previous day when he was visiting a business in the 100 block of South Geyer Road.
- At 7:49 p.m., a resident from the 500 block of Scottsdale Road reported a theft from to police. Sometime during the day cash was stolen from the residence.
Wednesday, April 25
- At 3:01 p.m., detectives received an identity theft report from a resident in the 400 block of South Clay Avenue. The resident received a call from creditors looking to collect on a cable bill in excess of $800 for an address in Hanley Hills, MO. The resident never lived at the address the service was provided to.
- During the evening, police received two reports of vehicle break-ins. The first was reported at a residence in the 1200 block of South Glenwood Lane at 7:15 p.m. The second was reported at 7:33 p.m. in the 100 block of Timberbrook Drive. In both cases windows were broken out of the vehicles and purses were stolen.
Thursday, April 26
- At 3:38 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 100 block of East Sarah Avenue for a burglary. The resident arrived home to find a window to the residence opened by unknown persons and a rear door standing open. A computer, camera, and jewelry were stolen from the residence sometime during the day.
Friday, April 27
- At 4:43 p.m., police received a report of a residential burglary in the 600 block of South Geyer Road. The resident reported jewelry, laptop computer, and cash stolen from the home sometime during the day. A side door was forced open.
Saturday, April 28
- At 5:17 p.m., officers responded to the 600 block of Wooddell Court for a larceny. The victim reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a GPS and backpack from the vehicle sometime during the previous overnight hours.
- At 5:18 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 400 block of West Monroe Avenue for a burglary. The home, which was vacant, had a basement window forced open. Nothing was stolen from the home.
Sunday, April 29
- At 1:47 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Taylor Avenue and Argonne Drive. The adult driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
- At 8:35 a.m., four vehicles were reported to be broken into at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Electronics and golf clubs were stolen. A fifth vehicle was later reported damaged but no entry was made to the vehicle.
Shoplifting: April 23-29
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested eight adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. The offenses all occurred at businesses in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. One adult was charged with felony stealing since he had at least two prior theft-related convictions. Another adult was charged with a felony since the dollar value of the merchandise she stole was over $500.