The Kirkwood police blotter for July 16-22.
Tuesday, July 17
- At 2:13 a.m., a resident from the 700 block of Coulter Avenue called police to report he interrupted a theft from his vehicle. The resident went outside to find an adult male in his vehicle in the driveway. The owner confronted the male who then fled from the scene on foot. Nothing was stolen from the vehicle.
Thursday, July 19
- At 11:52 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of North Kirkwood Road and Swan Avenue. The driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
Friday, July 20
- At 1:13 a.m., police responded to a disturbance call in the 100 block of West Jefferson Avenue. Officers arrived and located two adults involved in horseplay. One of the participants was arrested and cited for a person less than 21 being in possession of an intoxicating liquor and possessing drug paraphernalia.
- At 1:36 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Kirkwood Road and Clinton Place. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after she was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.
Sunday, July 22
- At 1:56 p.m., a resident from the 900 block of South Harrison Avenue called police to report a residential burglary. Sometime during the previous two days unknown persons gained entry through a rear window and stole jewelry.
Shoplifting, July 16-22
- Kirkwood police arrested four adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses during the week. One of the arrested faces a felony charge since he had at least two previous theft-related convictions. The thefts occurred at retail businesses in the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road.