The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
The Kirkwood police blotter for Sept. 17-23.
Friday, Sept. 21
- At 12:06 a.m. a resident from the 1400 block of Timberview Road called police to report someone shot at him at his residence. Shots came from outside the residence toward the home. Detectives are investigating. Police do not have any leads on suspects at this time. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Kirkwood Police Department at 314-822-5858.
- At 12:55 p.m., police received a report of a theft from a vehicle located in the 12200 block of Old Big Bend Road. The owner reported a laptop computer, GPS, clothing, jewelry and $300 stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
Monday, Sept. 17
- At 5:43 p.m., police responded to a residence in the 1300 block of Wilton Lane for a report of theft. A log splitter was stolen from the driveway of the home during the overnight hours of Sept. 16 through Sept. 17.
- At 7:16 p.m., a resident from the 100 block of South Woodlawn Avenue called police to report property damage. The resident noticed damage to two screens to the home in an apparent attempt to gain entry to the house. No entry was gained and only the screens were damaged.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- Police Report Overnight Rash of Car Break-ins
Wednesday, Sept. 19
- At 3:23 p.m., police responded to the 400 block of North Kirkwood Road for a suspicious person report. A business reported a male and female acting strangely regarding purchasing items from the establishment. A routine computer check on the two revealed one of them had an outstanding warrant. That person was arrested and found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. He was charged accordingly.
Sunday, Sept. 23
- At 1:52 a.m., officers responded to the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a motor vehicle accident. One vehicle struck the rear of another as both vehicles exited from westbound I-44. Investigation led to the arrest of one the drivers after he was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was also found in possession of illegal narcotics and was charged accordingly.
- At 7:48 p.m., a resident from the 1200 block of Rockridge Place reported the theft of two bicycles.
Shoplifting, Sept. 17-23
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the incidents took place at the same business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road and were all referred to municipal court.