The blotter for April 30 through May 6.
Monday, April 30
- At 7:07 a.m., police responded to a business in the 1100 block of South Kirkwood Road for a property damage. Someone broke out a window on a door to the business sometime during the overnight hours.
- At 8:36 p.m., a resident from Buerne, TX, called Kirkwood Police to report credit card fraud. The victim’s credit card was used at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road to purchase two gift cards in excess of $200.
Tuesday, May 1
- At 5:26 p.m., a resident from the 1000 block of Grandview Drive reported a residential burglary. Jewelry and cash were stolen from the home sometime during the day. A side window was pried open by the suspect.
Thursday, May 3
- At 11:40 a.m., officers responded to a residential burglary at a home in the 300 block of Electric Street. The resident found a rear window standing open when she arrived home. The burglar attempted to steal a few pieces of jewelry but dropped them at the scene.
- At 3:48 p.m., police were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Manchester Road and Ruth Drive. One vehicle struck a parked vehicle and then left the scene. Police located the adult driver and the vehicle that left the scene about an hour later. The driver was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and driving on a revoked driver’s license.
- At 6:56 p.m., dispatch received a report of vehicle driving erratically and nearly striking other vehicles near the intersection of North Kirkwood and Manchester roads. Officers located the vehicle and investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after he was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was also cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Friday, May 4
Saturday, May 5
- At 12:44 p.m., a resident from the 600 block of East Jefferson Avenue reported the theft of jewelry from the residence. Several rings were found to be missing from the residence sometime within the previous few weeks.
Sunday, May 6
- At 7:24 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on northbound Interstate 270 near Big Bend Road. The adult driver was driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. Illegal narcotics were also found in her possession at the time of arrest.
Shoplifting: April 30-May 6
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested 13 adults for stealing merchandise from area businesses. One offense occurred in the 200 block of West Washington Avenue. All other offenses occurred at the same business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Some of the arrestees faced additional charges to include resisting arrest, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and trespassing. One of the adults arrested was charged with a felony since he had at least two prior theft-related convictions.