The blotter for May 14-20.
Monday, May 14
- At 10:42 a.m., police received a report of a larceny at a residence in the 300 block of East Argonne Drive. The resident reported a jewelry box containing several rings stolen from the home sometime within the previous two months.
Tuesday, May 15
- Detectives arrested an adult for writing several insufficient funds checks. All of the checks were written in 2010 and 2011. The cases will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Wednesday, May 16
- At 7:17 a.m., officers were summoned to a business in the 10500 block of Big Bend Road for a report of theft and property damage. Two vehicles parked at the business were broken into. One vehicle was unlocked and the other had a window broken out. A purse containing nothing of value was taken from one of the vehicles but was recovered a short distance away.
Thursday, May 17
- At 12:43 a.m., police responded to a business in the 100 block of East Jefferson Avenue for a report of property damage. An employee of the business reported a rear windshield to her vehicle broken by a bottle.
- At 3:04 a.m., police were dispatched to a residence in the 200 block of West Rosehill Avenue for a disturbance. The resident reported an upset female banging on the doors of the home. An adult was located and arrested for assault, minor in possession of intoxicating liquor, and obstructing police.
- At 10:16 a.m., a resident from the 1200 block of Cork Elm Drive reported a residential burglary. A wallet was taken inside the home and a second wallet was taken from inside a vehicle parked in a garage at the residence during the previous overnight hours.
- At 3:34 p.m., police responded to a report of two subjects fighting at a residence in the 500 block of Andrews Avenue. Officers arrived and located two adults, one of which was extremely intoxicated. During the investigation the intoxicated adult became belligerent and began to assault officers. He was arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. All charges were referred to municipal court.
- At 8:49 p.m., officers responded to the for a report of a disturbance on a train. An intoxicated adult passenger on the train refused requests by train personnel to extinguish cigarettes and provide a ticket for verification. He was picked up by a sober relative.
Friday, May 18
- At 1:18 p.m., a resident from the 200 block of West Jewel Avenue called police to report property damage. A rear window on the complainant’s vehicle was shattered sometime during the previous day.
Saturday, May 19
- At 10:35 a.m., officers were summoned to the 200 block of Midway Avenue for property damage to a vehicle. The resident reported during the overnight hours unknown persons used a sharp instrument to scratch both vehicles parked at the residence.
Shoplifting: May 14-20
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested two adults for shoplifting. Both incidents occurred at a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Merchandise from the business was recovered in both instances.
For more information about this blotter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.