The Kirkwood police blotter for Nov. 26 - Dec. 2.
The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Nov. 26
- Detectives arrested an adult for passing a bad check at a business located in the 900 block of South Kirkwood Road. The adult wrote an insufficient fund check in excess of $1200.00 during the first week of July 2012. The case will be forwarded to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Tuesday, Nov. 27
- At 7:36 p.m., a residential burglary was reported to police in the 500 block of South Fillmore. Entry was gained by prying open a window. The thieves attempted to take a TV but left it on the rear porch after being interrupted by an observant neighbor. Detectives are investigating.
Wednesday, Nov. 28
- At 2:02 p.m., police received a report of theft in the 900 block of South Harrison Avenue. The victim reported having an iPod stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
Satuday, Dec. 1
- Detectives arrested an adult in connection with a felony theft investigation at a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The original incident occurred two years prior on 12-23-2010. Over $900 worth of merchandise was stolen by the adult and two accomplices. Detectives are attempting to locate the other two individuals.
- At 4:24 p.m., police were summoned to the 700 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of theft and property damage. The victim attended a nearby business and when she returned discovered a window broken out of her vehicle and her purse and a GPS stolen.
Nov. 26 - Dec. 2
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested two adults for shoplifting merchandise from an area business. The offenses occurred at the same retail businesses in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Both cases were referred to municipal court.