The blotter for April 16-22.
Monday, April 16
- At 3:50 p.m., a resident from the 400 block of Caroline Avenue reported a theft to police. During the span of several months, numerous pieces of jewelry were stolen from the residence while the victim allowed an acquaintance to stay at the home.
Tuesday, April 17
- At 6:21 p.m., officers were dispatched to a residence in the 10400 block of Big Bend Road for a burglary. The resident reported two flat screen televisions stolen from the residence.
Wednesday, April 18
- At 12:14 p.m., officers responded to business under construction in the 200 block of South Geyer Road. A contractor reported several tools that had been stolen from the business were returned and left at the site. The tools were stolen in a burglary on April 15.
- At 3:13 p.m., a resident in the 400 block of South Kirkwood Road called police to report an identity theft. Unknown persons gained access to the victim’s social security number and filed for her tax return. The Internal Revenue Service notified the victim that the suspect did not benefit from the use of the victim’s information.
- At 8:01 p.m., detectives received a report of fraudulent use of a credit device. The victim, from Columbia, IL, had her credit card stolen. The card was then used at a business in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road to make a purchase in the amount of $800 in gift cards. It was also used at a business in the 10900 block of Manchester Road to make an additional purchase for gasoline.
Thursday, April 19
- At 11:01 p.m., police stopped a motorist in the 900 block of North Woodlawn Avenue for a traffic violation. The adult driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
Friday, April 20
- At 4:34 p.m., officers were dispatched to a church in the 800 block of Lockett Road for suspicious activity. A witness reported several subjects hiding in a small shed on the property and possibly engaged in illegal activity. Officers located several subjects on the property. Two adults were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Saturday, April 21
- Detectives arrested an adult in connection with a theft investigation at a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The suspect stole two rolls of copper coil from the business. The original offense occurred during the week of Nov. 14.
Sunday, April 22
- At 8:32 a.m., a resident from the 600 block of Laven Del Lane reported a theft to police. A purse containing cash, credit cards and gift cards was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked at the residence sometime during the previous overnight hours.
Shoplifting: April 16-22
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested two adult males for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. One of the offenses occurred at a business in the 600 block of West Woodbine Avenue and the other occurred at a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.