The Kirkwood police blotter for July 23-29:
Monday, July 23
- At 10:01 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Kirkwood Road and Big Bend Road. Routine computer checks on the adult driver and passenger in the vehicle revealed 22 outstanding warrants between the two of them through St Louis area police jurisdictions. Both were arrested.
- At 6:27 p.m. police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of South Geyer Road and Windsor Lane. One vehicle struck another while attempting to make a turn. One of the adult drivers was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. A computer check on the adult driver revealed a revoked driver’s license due to a previous alcohol-related conviction. The driver was arrested for both offenses.
- At 11:42 a.m. a resident from the 200 block of East Argonne reported property damage to police. Sometime during the overnight hours unknown person lit a smoke bomb inside the resident’s vehicle. A door and seat were damaged.
- At 3:33 p.m. police received a report of a theft from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of South Fillmore. A wallet containing a debit card and cash was stolen from an unlocked vehicle during the overnight hours.
- At 1:56 a.m. officers were dispatched to the 10800 block of Big Bend Road for a report of property damage. A window on the victim’s vehicle was broken by unknown persons.
- At 4:33 p.m. police responded to a parking lot in the 700 block of South Kirkwood Road for two reports of vehicle break-ins. Two vehicles had windows broken out with items stolen from them. The items stolen included a purse containing cash and credit cards, two iPads, a cooler, clothing, and other electronics.
- At 10:11 a.m. police responded to the Burlington Northern Railroad crossing at Big Bend and Geyer for report of subjects retrieving metal from the train tracks. Officers arrived and located two subjects looking for scrap metal. Both were arrested for trespassing on railroad property.
- At 5:10 p.m. a resident from the 400 block of West Jefferson called police to report identity theft. The resident discovered two fraudulent purchases made to his bank accounts from purchases made in Florida. The resident still had possession of his debit card.
- Kirkwood Police arrested seven adults for shoplifting merchandise from area business during the week of Monday, July 23 through Sunday, July 29. One of the arrested was charged with felony stealing since she had at least two previous theft-related convictions. All of the thefts occurred at retail businesses in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.