The Kirkwood police blotter for Dec. 17-23. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Dec. 17
- Detectives arrested one adult in connection with a previously reported felony theft from a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The incident originally occurred on Wednesday, 10-03-2012, and involved the theft of over $2500.00 worth of clothing. The case will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
- Police were summoned to a residence in the 900 block of Bishops Gate for a report of property damage. The victim awoke to find a window broken out of his vehicle by a rock. Nothing was reported stolen.
- A resident from the 11200 block of Big Bend reported a residential burglary to police. The victim reported a floor safe containing personal papers and cash stolen from the residence sometime during the preceding few hours. Entry was gained through a rear window.
- Police received a report of fraud from an employee of a business in the 10200 block of Manchester Road. The employee reported his debit card stolen from his desk and then used to make an online purchase for stereo headphones.
Thursday, Dec. 20
- At 1:22 a.m., officers responded to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of North Van Buren and Central Place. One vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree. The adult driver was treated at the scene by fire department personnel. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- At 2:57 p.m., a resident from the 400 block of South Geyer reported a theft to police. A GPS and iPod were stolen from an unlocked vehicle sometime during the previous overnight hours. Police received a second report of a theft from a vehicle at 3:04 p.m. The second vehicle was located in the 200 block of Monclay. A cell phone charger and adapter were stolen during the overnight hours as well.
- At 6:59 p.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation in the 9900 block of Big Bend in Oakland. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after he was found to be in possession of marijuana and related drug paraphernalia.