The Kirkwood police blotter for Oct. 22-28. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Oct. 22.
- At 7:39 a.m., police were summoned to a residence in the 400 block of Bach Avenue for a report of an attempted burglary. The resident awoke to find a screen removed from a window and a door screen cut on a rear porch area. No entry was made to the interior of the home. The resident reported hearing noises the night prior and investigated but found nothing.
- SEE: Kirkwood Police Play Key Role in Nabbing Accused Money Counterfeiters
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- At 12:12 p.m., a business owner from Staunton, Illinois, reported fraud to police. A fake payroll check was written using the name of the business and cashed at a bank in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.
- At 1:07 p.m., officers were called to a retail business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of shoplifters. Employees of the business observed two adults conceal merchandise in their clothing and attempt to leave the business without paying for the merchandise. Both were arrested.
- At 6:35 p.m., police received a report of theft from a person at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. A patron of the business reported being approached by a female wanting to sell a gift card for less than face value. The patron purchased the card and when attempting to use the card discovered the gift card was worth nothing. An adult was arrested one day later after committing two similar thefts with other victims. The cases will be presented to the St. Louis Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Thursday, Oct. 25
- At 12:45 p.m., officers responded to the 600 block of Wooddell Court for a report of theft. A resident reported a laptop computer stolen from the residence.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- At 9:13 p.m. police and Kirkwood Fire Department personnel responded to a report of a fire in a trash can outside of a business located in the 400 block of North Kirkwood Road. The fire was extinguished but only after damage to the trash can and nearby building. The fire was determined to be intentionally set. Detectives are investigating.