The Glendale police blotter for July 2-8.
Monday, July 2
- At 7:17 a.m., a resident of the 700 block of Greenview Drive reported finding an abandoned Men’s Trek bicycle in her front yard. Same was brought to the Glendale Police Department for safekeeping until the owner can be identified.
- At 8:29 a.m., a resident of the 400 block of Parkland reported the theft of her daughter’s wallet from her unlocked vehicle, which was parked in the resident’s driveway, sometime overnight.
- At 9:58 a.m., a resident of the unit block of Berrywood Drive reported the theft of electronic equipment, cash, change and two wallets were stolen from his son’s unlocked vehicle while it was parked on the street in front of his residence overnight.
- At 10:03 a.m., warrants were issued by the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office charging Renselaer N. Blume, 19, of the 400 block of Oak Street, Webster Groves, with one count of Stealing Of A Credit Device which was reported on March 15.
Thursday, July 5
- At 1:47 p.m., the resident of the unit block of Frederick Lane who reported being a victim of a phone scam last week reported receiving several more calls from unknown persons advising him he just won the lottery and a new vehicle. Investigation revealed the calls were originating from Jamaica and were obvious scams. The resident was advised to contact his telephone service provider for assistance with changing his telephone number.
Friday, July 6
- At 10:28 a.m., two Kirkwood males, both 17, were identified as potential suspects in the recent thefts from vehicles reported during the past several weeks. The two suspects were taken into custody, questioned and released pending further investigation.
- At 3:40 p.m., warrants were issued charging Shirley Elkins, 67, of the 5400 block of Tishomingo Road, Hillsboro, MO, with two counts of Stealing Over $500 relating to thefts reported on June 13 and 15. Elkins was the victims’ housekeeper when the thefts occurred.
Saturday, July 7
- At 7:46 a.m., a resident of the 200 block of Austin Place reported the theft of a woman’s wallet and its contents from an unlocked vehicle, which was parked in the resident’s driveway overnight. Another unlocked vehicle, which was also parked in the driveway, was rifled through, however, nothing was taken.
- At 9:44 a.m., a credit card and an insurance card were found by a Webster Groves woman while she was walking on N. Berry Road near Greentree Lane on July 2, at approximately 11:30 p.m. The owner was located, who stated they fell off the roof of his vehicle while he was driving southbound on N. Berry Road. The items were returned to their owner.
- At 2:15 p.m., the victim of the earlier stealing in the 200 block of Austin Place reported locating her wallet and its contents in an unlocked vehicle belonging to a family member. However, upon locating the wallet, she discovered cash and a GPS unit were stolen from the family member’s vehicle sometime overnight.
- At 4:46 p.m., A Kirkwood male, 17, was identified as a potential suspect in the recent thefts from vehicles reported during the past several weeks. The suspect was taken into custody, questioned and released pending further investigation.
Sunday, July 8
- At 8:32 a.m., a resident of the 1300 block of Kenmore Drive reported damage to a friend’s vehicle and a possible theft from the vehicle sometime overnight. Investigation revealed the driver’s front window was shattered and a GPS unit was stolen from the vehicle.