The blotter for July 2-8.
Monday, July 2
- Officers responded to the 2000 block of Briargate Lane for a report of a theft of jewelry from the residence. The resident reported three items missing with a total value of $25,000. The investigation continues.
Tuesday, July 3
- Officers were dispatched to the 400 block of North Kirkwood Road for a report of an intoxicated driver. Officers made contact with the driver described who was found to be operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. Additionally the driver had outstanding warrants and was found to be in possession of prescription pills that were not prescribed to her. The woman was arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license. The investigation continues regarding the pills.
Wednesday, July 4
- Officers responded to the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of a dog left unattended in a parked vehicle. The owner of the dog was found to be having dinner at an area restaurant. The suspect was issued a summons for Cruelty to Animals.
Friday, July 6
- Officers responded to the 900 block of Evans Avenue for a report of a stolen vehicle. Investigation revealed that the vehicle was left unlocked with the keys in the vehicle. The vehicle was later recovered parked at a vacant residence. The investigation continues.
Sunday, July 8
- Officers responded to the 1300 block of Simmons Avenue for a report of a motorcycle stolen from a locked garage. The investigation continues.
Fireworks: As is normal this time of year, officers responded to numerous calls for fireworks throughout the city.