The blotter for Aug. 27 through Sept. 2.
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- At 4:37 p.m., police were contacted by a resident of Hazelwood regarding a report of fraud. The victim reported during the week of July 16, unknown persons had purchased two phones and activated the phones under the victim’s cell phone account. The charges were in excess of $250. The incident occurred at retail business in the 1200 of South Kirkwood Road.
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- At 9:11 p.m., officers responded to a retail store in the 10400 block of Manchester Road for a report of subject attempting to pass an altered check. Officers arrived and located an adult inside the business detained by store employees. The adult attempted to make a purchase of a gift card and miscellaneous items in excess of $200. The adult was arrested for forgery. The case will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Thursday, Aug. 30
- At 11:14 a.m., a resident from the 800 block of Culloden Road reported a theft to police. Unknown persons stole a chainsaw from a shed on the property within the previous four days.
Friday, Aug. 31
- At 10:57 a.m., the Kirkwood Police School Resource Officer arrested an adult in the 800 block of West Essex. The adult was in possession of marijuana while on the property of .
Sunday, Aug. 2
- At 9:59 a.m., police were summoned to the 12300 block of Old Big Bend Road for a theft from a vehicle. The victim reported sometime during the overnight hours of Thursday into Friday that someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a GPS unit.
Shoplifting, Aug. 27 - Sept. 2
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. One of the arrested faces a felony charge due to having at least two prior theft-related convictions. The offenses occurred at retail businesses in the 10200 block of Manchester Road and the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road.