The following information was supplied by the .
Monday, April 25
- At 10:24 a.m., police were summoned for a theft report in the 2300 block of Timberview Road. The owner of a Chevy SUV reported sometime during the overnight hours unknown persons broke a window on his vehicle and stole antiques from inside.
Tuesday, April 26
- At 9:59 a.m., officers respqonded to a business in the 10500 block of Big Bend Road for an abandoned van left on the lot of the business. The vehicle was reported stolen out of Springfield, MO, on April 22. The vehicle was towed to impound and the Springfield Police Department was notified of the recovery of the vehicle.
- At 7:28 p.m., police were notified of property damage at a residence in the 400 block of Clemens Avenue. A window was broken out of the home by one of the residents during an earlier disturbance. The subject, an adult male, was located by officers and arrested.
Wednesday, April 27
At 5:59 p.m., police arrested an adult female and adult male for trespassing on private property near a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The two had been previously warned by officers about trespassing on private property for purposes of soliciting money from citizens.
Thursday, April 28
- At 5:15 a.m., police received a report of a subject passed out in a vehicle in the roadway near the intersection of Big Bend and Geyer Roads. Officers located the vehicle and were able to awaken the subject. The driver, an adult male, was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. Since he had at least two prior alcohol-related traffic convictions, the case was referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- At 12:49 p.m., officers responded to a report of a solicitor in the 900 block of Barrett Station Road. Officers located an adult male from Asheville, NC, selling magazine subscriptions. He was arrested for soliciting without a business license.
Friday, April 29
Saturday, April 30
- At 2:47 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation in the 1000 block of North Geyer Road. The driver, an adult male, was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested.
- At 12:01 p.m., police received a report of a theft from a vehicle while the vehicle was parked at a local park in the 700 block of South Holmes Avenue. The owner reported a window broken on her vehicle and her purse stolen. Citizens are reminded to remove or conceal any valuables in their vehicles before leaving their vehicles unattended.
- Members of the Kirkwood Police Department along with representatives from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) participated in the where the public was invited to dispose of any unwanted prescription or over-the-counter drugs and medicines. More than 270 visitors turned in over 449 pounds of pills and liquid medications for disposal.
Monday, April 25 - Sunday, May 1
- Kirkwood Police arrested two adult males and two adult females for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. One of the males was charged with felony stealing since he had at least two previous theft-related convictions. Businesses affected by the thefts were all located in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.
For more information, contact: Det. Dave Smith, Public Information Officer for the Kirkwood Police Department, at 314-984-5905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.