The blotter for March 5-11.
Monday, March 5
- At 11:22 a.m., police were summoned to the 200 block of Pullam Place for a theft report. The victim reported a laptop and carrying case stolen from his vehicle sometime during the previous weekend.
- At 5:58 p.m., police received a report of credit card fraud at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. A resident from Louisberg, TN, reported his credit card was used by unknown persons to purchase a TV at the Kirkwood business.
Tuesday, March 6
- At 10:56 a.m., officers handled a theft report at a business in the 300 block of South Kirkwood Road. An employee reported cash stolen from a desk at the business sometime during the previous week.
Wednesday, March 7
- Detectives arrested an adult in connection with a previously reported theft from a residence in the 500 block of North Kirkwood Road. The theft report was filed during the week of Feb. 27. The adult was a caregiver for the victim and stole jewelry from the residence over a period of several months. The case will be forwarded to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Thursday, March 8
- At 7:41 p.m., police were dispatched to the 500 block of Clark Avenue for a report of a suspicious vehicle. Officers arrived and located several subjects inside a vehicle. One of the adult occupants was arrested after marijuana and drug paraphernalia were located by officers.
Friday, March 9
- At 12:13 p.m., detectives arrested an adult for fraudulently using a credit device to make online purchases. The arrest was a result of an investigation of identity theft reported by a resident in the 400 block of South Clay Avenue. Credit card accounts were opened in the victim’s name and used to make purchases online. The case will be forwarded to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Sunday, March 11
- At 9:45 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 1000 block of Barry Court for a report of a subject attempting to gain entry to a home. Officers arrived and located a former resident of the home attempting to break into the rear door of the residence. He was arrested and held pending warrant application at the St. Louis Prosecuting Attorney’s office for review.
Shoplifting: March 5-11
- Kirkwood police arrested four adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the incidents occurred at retail stores in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.