The blotter for Feb. 6-12.
Monday, Feb. 6
- At 12:28 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of West Woodbine Avenue and South Geyer Road. The adult driver failed several field sobriety tests and was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Officers also located marijuana, related drug paraphernalia and illegal narcotics in the vehicle the adult was driving.
- At 11:15 a.m., police responded to the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of an unconscious subject in a vehicle. The arrived shortly before police and advised they located an adult in a vehicle but the adult drove away from fire personnel with drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. Officers located and stopped the vehicle a short distance away on westbound Interstate 44 west of Big Bend Road. The driver was arrested for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle, possession of illegal narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Tuesday, Feb. 7
- At 9:43 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Big Bend and South Geyer roads. Investigation led to the arrest of the driver after the driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol.
Wednesday, Feb. 8
- At 9:14 a.m., officers were summoned to an eatery in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a theft report. Money was stolen from an unattended truck while parked in the area.
- At 6:05 p.m., a resident from the 1100 block of South Glenwood Lane reported a residential burglary. A flat screen TV and gaming system were stolen sometime during the day.
Saturday, Feb. 11
- At 10:24 p.m., officers stopped an adult motorist for a traffic violation in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Officers located marijuana in the stopped vehicle and arrested the adult driver for possession of marijuana.
Sunday, Feb. 12
- At 11:03 a.m., police were notified of a theft at a residence in the 900 block of Evans Avenue. The homeowner reported jewelry stolen from inside the residence sometime during the previous few weeks.
Shoplifting, Feb. 6-12
- During the week, Kirkwood police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. One of the thefts occurred at a retail business in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road and the other two occurred at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Two of the suspects face felony charges since one had at least two previous theft-related convictions and the other stole more than $500 in merchandise.