The blotter for October 3-9.
Monday, October 3
- At 4:02 p.m., police responded to a disturbance at a residence in the 12100 block of Old Big Bend Road. An adult male and former resident of the home returned to the property and damaged several items. He was arrested for property damage.
Tuesday, October 4
- At 8:46 p.m., a motorist was stopped for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Berry Road and Oakland Avenue in Oakland. Investigation led to the arrest of the three adult male occupants of the vehicle after they were found to be in possession of alcohol by persons less than 21 years of age. One of the passengers was also cited for littering.
Wednesday, October 5
- At 2:07 p.m., officers responded to an assault that just occurred in the 10600 block of Manchester Road. Officers arrived and discovered an adult male was involved in an altercation with a relative. During the altercation, the male was dragged by a vehicle being driven by the relative. The relative left the area after striking another nearby parked vehicle. She was arrested by police as she arrived home at her residence. The case was presented to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office where charges of Assault Second-Degree Assault and Leaving the Scene of an Accident, felony, were were issued against Marilyn Maguire, 56, of Kirkwood. She was transferred to the St. Louis County Jail with a $15,000 bond.
Friday, October 7
- At 4:10 a.m., police received a report of a theft from a vehicle parked at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. The owner reported jewelry stolen from his vehicle. Through the use of surveillance video from a nearby business, officers located and arrested an adult female responsible for the theft. The stolen jewelry, valued over $500, was recovered and returned to the owner. The case will be presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
- At 5:47 p.m., police received a report of a residential burglary in the 900 block of Cleveland Avenue. A safe with miscellaneous papers was stolen. The safe was later located in the 900 block of Evans Avenue with the contents intact.
- From Oct. 3-9, Kirkwood police arrested one adult female and two adult males for stealing merchandise from area businesses. The thefts occurred at businesses in the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road.