Monday, October 31
- At 3:43 p.m., were summoned to a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a trespassing. Employees of the business recognized an adult male who had committed a previous theft from the establishment. Officers arrived and discovered the man was wanted by the St. Louis City Police Department in connection with a homicide investigation. He also had warrants for two felony probation violations. He was held for St. Louis Metropolitan Police Detectives.
- At 11:34 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on westbound Interstate 44 near Holmes Avenue. The driver, an adult male, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. He was also cited for being in possession of alcohol by a person less than 21 years of age.
Tuesday, November 1
- At 12:04 a.m., a resident from the 1200 block of Dubray Court notified the fire and police departments of a gas can on fire near his residence. The arrived and extinguished the fire. No one was injured as a result of the fire. Detectives are investigating. (See article: .)
- At 1:07 a.m., a neighbor of a resident in the 700 block of Coulter Avenue reported seeing a dome light of a vehicle on and then a person running from the area. Officers arrived and found a GPS stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
Thursday, November 3
- At 7:13 a.m., police received a report of a theft from a vehicle parked in the 2300 block of Timberview Road. Unknown persons broke a window on the vehicle and stole a cellphone, GPS and iPod.
- At 4:20 p.m., a resident from the 400 block of Caroline Avenue reported a theft from her vehicle. A digital camera was stolen from her vehicle sometime during the overnight hours of Oct. 31 through November 1.
Friday, November 4
- Beginning at 12:53 p.m., police received two reports of thefts at a business in the 300 block of North Taylor Avenue. Two patrons of the business reported having their wallets stolen from locked lockers while they visited the business.
Sunday, November 6
- At 9:35 a.m., officers received a report of a robbery in the 900 block of North Kirkwood Road. A female reported while waiting at a bus stop a vehicle pulled up next to her. A passenger in the vehicle leaned out the window and grabbed the female’s bag which she was using as a purse. The female gave him the bag and the vehicle left northbound on Kirkwood Road. The female was not injured. Detectives are investigating.
Shoplifiting, Oct. 31 - Nov. 6.
- During the week Kirkwood police arrested six adult males and three adult females for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. The incidents occurred at businesses in the 1000 and 1200 blocks of South Kirkwood Road and 11100 blocks of Big Bend Road. Three of the males were charged with felony stealing since the dollar amount of their theft was valued at more than five hundred dollars. Their cases will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
For more information about this blotter, email email@example.com.