The Kirkwood Police blotter Jan. 14-20. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Jan. 14
- At 10:48 a.m., police were summoned to a business in the 300 block of Leffingwell for a report of fraud. A former employee was discovered to have used a company credit card to make unauthorized purchases during the months of November and December of 2012.
Tuesday, Jan. 15
- At 2:40 p.m., a resident from Cordova, Tennessee reported an identity theft to police. The victim had her credit history checked for a pending home purchase and discovered an overdue account of over $400 through Laclede Gas. The resident contacted Laclede Gas who informed her that the account was for a residence located in the 600 block of North Geyer during the years of 2009 and 2010.
Wednesday, Jan. 16
- At 2:57 p.m., officers responded to a vehicle break-in in the 1300 block of South Kirkwood Road. The victim returned to his vehicle to find someone had pried open a window and stole a stereo and laptop computer.
Thursday, Jan. 17
- On Thursday, 01-17-2013, at 8:05 a.m. police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 11800 block of Big Bend. One party involved in the accident left the scene prior to police arrival. The vehicle was located a few minutes later by St Louis County Police in the 13300 block of Tesson Ferry Road. The adult driver was arrested for leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident, driving with a suspended driver’s license, failing to provide proof of vehicle insurance, and possession of marijuana.
Saturday, Jan. 19
- On Saturday, 01-19-2013, at 11:35 p.m. officers were dispatched to the 200 block of West Jewel for a report of property damage. A resident discovered a rear window broken out of a vehicle parked on the street.
Sunday, Jan. 20
- On Sunday, 01-20-2013, at 12:32 a.m. police received a report of several subjects panhandling on the lot of a business located in the 9900 block of Big Bend in Oakland. Officers located five adults. Routine record checks revealed one of the adults had a warrant for sexual assault through a St Louis area Police agency. The adult was arrested. The other four adults left the area.
Shoplifting, Jan. 14-20
- During the week, Kirkwood Police handled four separate incidents related to shoplifting. All of the incidents were at the same retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Four adults were arrested.