The following information was supplied by the .
Monday, March 21
- At 11:50 a.m., police were summoned to a residence in the 1100 block of North Harrison Avenue for a residential burglary. Two TVs and jewelry were stolen from the residence. Detectives are investigating.
- At 3:22 p.m., a Robertsville resident reported fraudulent use of her credit card to make purchases at two area businesses. One of the purchases was made at a business in the 11100 block of Big Bend Road and another was made at a business in the 9900 block of Big Bend Road in Oakland. Detectives are investigating.
Tuesday, March 22
- At 9:43 a.m., officers responded to a business in the 300 block of Leffingwell Avenue for a theft report. Three vehicles belonging to the business were broken into sometime during the preceding week. Numerous tools were stolen.
Thursday, March 24
- At 2:01 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Woodlawn and Adams Avenues. The driver, an adult female, was arrested after she was found to be driving while under the influence of alcohol.
- At 3:29 p.m., officers were summoned to a residence in the 900 block of Curran Avenue for a theft report. The resident reported a GPS stolen from a vehicle sometime during the first week of March.
Saturday, March 26
- Detectives arrested an adult male from Cahokia, IL, in connection with a previously reported theft from two separate vehicles on northbound I-270. The original incident occurred in December. The cases were referred to municipal court.
- At 12:02 p.m., a burglary was reported at a residence in the 300 block of West Madison Avenue. The resident reported electronics and other miscellaneous items stolen from the residence sometime during the previous week.
Sunday, March 27
- At 12:16 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Ballas and Dougherty Ferry Roads. Investigation led to the arrest of two adult males under the age of 21 after they were found in possession of intoxicating liquor.
Monday, March 21 - Sunday, March 27
- Police arrested two adult females and two adult males for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All of the thefts occurred at a retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road.
Special Note: Drunk Driving Crackdown, March 16-20.
- The Kirkwood Police Department participated in a recent “You Drink, You Drive, You Lose” drunk driving crackdown during the week March 16 through March 20. Six drunk driving arrests were made along with other traffic citations issued during the enforcement period. Law enforcement agencies throughout Missouri participated in this statewide effort to get drunk drivers off the street – and make Missouri roads safer.
For additional information, contact: Det. Dave Smith, Public Information Officer for the Kirkwood Police Department at 314-984-5905 or email@example.com.