The blotter for August 22 through August 28.
Tuesday, August 23
- At 2:31 p.m., officers arrested an adult male for stealing merchandise from a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Employees observed the male conceal two pairs of running shoes under his clothing and attempt to leave the business without paying for the merchandise.
- At 4:28 p.m., police were notified of the theft of three credit cards. The victim reported visiting a business in the 600 block of South Berry Road in Oakland when the credit cards were stolen from a locker at the business.
Wednesday, August 24
- At 6:40 p.m., officers responded to the 800 block of Dickson Street for a theft report. A laptop was stolen from a utility service vehicle while doing work in the area.
Thursday, August 25
- At 4:47 p.m., a resident from the 1200 block of Rockridge Place reported a residential burglary. A gaming system and 32-inch flat screen TV were stolen sometime during the day.
Friday, August 26
- Detectives arrested an adult female from Fenton for the theft of a credit card from a Kirkwood resident from the 900 block of Evans Avenue and the subsequent use of that credit card at a business in the 11100 block of Manchester Road. The female used the credit card during the week of July 18 for purchases totaling over $900. The case will be referred to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.
Saturday, August 27
- At 11:33 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation in the 900 block of South Kirkwood Road. The driver, an adult male, was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
Sunday, August 28
- At 1:20 p.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on Big Bend Road near Interstate 44. The adult female driver was driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
- Detectives arrested an adult male from St. Louis in connection with a previously reported property damage at a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. During the second week of February, an employee of the business discovered a door, door frame and door handle with damage. The case was referred to municipal court.