Two Kirkwood neighborhoods saw a rash of overnight vehicle break-ins last week in which thieves made off with electronics, clothing and cash.
Kirkwood police began receiving reports of vehicle break-ins and thefts at 7:37 a.m. Sept. 18. A total of nine residences reported having their vehicles broken into sometime overnight, according to police.
The string of break-ins occurred near Manchester and North Geyer roads. Six residences reported items stolen from their vehicles including electronics, accessories, clothing, cash and a backpack with books.
Locations of the break-ins include:
- 800 block of Delchester Lane
- 600 block of Westchester Court
- 700 block of Westchester Court
- 1300 block of Ruth Drive
- 1000 block of North Geyer Road
- 1000 block of Plaza Terrace
- 1000 block of Dorchester Avenue
Kirkwood police received another report of a theft from a vehicle last Friday at 12:55 p.m. The vehicle was located in the 12200 block of Old Big Bend Road. The owner reported a laptop computer, GPS, clothing, jewelry, and $300 stolen from an unlocked vehicle, police say.
- POLICE: Thieves Hit 40 Vehicles in 1 Night
- Car Thieves Target Kirkwood Neighborhood
- POLICE: $5000 in Jewelry Stolen From Vehicle in String of Thefts