The following information was supplied by the .
Tuesday, April 5
- At 8:35 p.m., police were summoned to a school lacrosse game in the 1300 block of South Kirkwood Road for a report of subject acting disorderly. Officers were directed to an 18-year-old male student from a visiting school who was extremely intoxicated. He was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol and peace disturbance.
Wednesday, April 6
- At 2:12 a.m., police responded to a report of a house fire in the 700 block of East Argonne Drive in Oakland. When police arrive, the fire, which was extinguished by the resident, was contained to the front yard and front porch of the home. Investigation by fire personnel and police determined the origin of the fire to be suspicious in nature. Detectives are investigating.
- At 6:16 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 10800 block of Manchester Road. One of the drivers, an adult female, was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. The other party was not injured as a result of the accident.
Thursday, April 7
- At 7:10 a.m., officers were summoned for a theft report at a business in the 600 block of South Berry Road in Oakland. An employee reported golf equipment stolen from the business.
- Detectives arrested an adult male from Valley Park in connection with a previously reported theft. The original incident occurred on March 20 at a residence in the 400 block of West Washington Avenue. The resident provided the male with money for landscaping materials and labor but the homeowner never received the merchandise nor was any work performed. The case was referred to Kirkwood Municipal Court.
Sunday, April 10
- At 3:04 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation on I-270 near Marshall Road. The driver, an adult male, was found to be driving while under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested.
- At 4:53 a.m., police were called to a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of Mabel Avenue and Sappington Road in Oakland. Officers arrived and discovered the adult male driver was intoxicated. He was arrested. An adult male passenger in the vehicle was also arrested for a possession of an alcoholic beverage by a person less than 21 years of age.
Monday, April 4 - Sunday, April 10
- During the week, Kirkwood Police arrested three adult males and six adult females for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All incidents occurred at retail stores in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. All stolen merchandise was recovered.
For additional information, contact: Det. Dave Smith, Public Information Officer for the Kirkwood Police Department, at 314-984-5905 or email@example.com.