Glendale police are investigating more than 30 thefts after a rash of break-ins last week in which thieves targeted 40 unlocked vehicles.
At 4:15 a.m. Thursday, officers responded to reports of thefts that occurred Wednesday night.
Thieves struck vehicles in the following areas:
- Cheyenne Court (8 reports),
- Yosemite Drive (4 reports),
- Glenbrook Avenue (5 reports),
- Brownell Avenue (5 reports),
- Southridge Drive (1 report),
- Berrywood Drive (5 reports),
- Glenvista Place (1 report),
- Warwick Lane (1 report) and
- Kirkham Avenue (1 report).
Credit cards, electronics, wallets, loose change and a musical instrument were stolen from vehicles parked in front of residents’ homes or in their driveways, police say.
Some of the items were recovered near the scene of the thefts. Police are attempting to locate other missing items.