Six men have been charged in an attack on two men in Kirkwood’s Meacham Memorial Park Aug. 19.
One of the men, Marcus Marvil Tatum, also was charged with a shooting in Kirkwood’s Meacham Park neighborhood Aug. 28.
Five others were charged Saturday with second-degree assault in the Aug. 19 attack:
- Nathaniel Dwight Rogers, 38, of the 200 block of Meacham Street in Kirkwood;
- Cori Denzel Spinks, 23, of the 400 block of New York Street in Kirkwood;
- Kenneth Leroy Franklin, 19, of the 2700 block of Miami in St. Louis;
- Danny T. Harris, 17, of the 300 block of Saratoga Street in Kirkwood;
- Tyler Jackson, 18, of the 1000 block of Tyman Court in Kirkwood.
Rogers and Harris were charged with two counts of second-degree assault. Kirkwood Police said they hit and kicked both victims. Police said Jackson also hit one man in the face with a glass bottle several times.
Kirkwood Police said the six men repeatedly punched and kicked two men in the face, head, chest and stomach. One man was hospitalized. A second refused medical treatment.
A witness videotaped the attack and turned the video over to police. According to court documents, each of the six men are shown in the video participating in the beating.
All six of the men are being held in the St. Louis County Justice Center. Bail for Spinks and Franklin was set at $50,000. Bail for Rogers and Harris was set at $100,000.
Editor's Note: The charges and bail amount for Tyler Jackson were incorrect in the original article. They have been corrected.