Shrink-Wrapped Mazda, Left Running, is Stolen
A 2011 Mazda CX-7 was stolen between Dec. 1 from the lot of Bommarito Mazda. Police said keys were left in the vehicle, which was left running in order to do work on the vehicle related to its battery. When the worker returned to the vehicle, it was gone. The car, valued at $21,990 was still in the shrink wrap that Mazdas ship in from the assembly line. Police said the CX-7 likely still was in white plastic shrink wrap Mazdas ship in from the assembly line. Edmunds.com values the car at $21,990.
Small Burglar Suspected
An apparently undersized burglar squeezed into a home on Laurel Court in Florissant Nov. 30 through a doggie door and stole a Playstation game system, a laptop computer and jewelry.
The Things We Steal
- A dryer was reported stolen Nov. 29 from a residence on Lemay Ferry Road in Mehlville.
- Leaf blowers were reported stolen from a residence on the 1000 block of Vuecrest Lane.
- A victim was punched and the attacker stole electronics - and a hat - Nov. 8 at the intersection of Clyde and West Ripa avenues in Mehlville.
- A brake metal bending tool was reported stolen Nov. 20 a residence on Horn Avenue in Mehville.
- Jewelry and bowling balls were reported stolen Nov. 25 from a home on Loretta Avenue in Mehlville.
- A yellow 1998 Bluebird school bus was reported stolen Nov. 21 from First Student Inc., 10400 Tesshire Dr. in Affton
- A DeClue and Sons Tree Care employee reported a 20-ton Briggs and Stratton log splitter, valued at $1,500, missing from the Arnold business’s 3500 Telegraph location. The employee said the equipment was taken during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
From The Back Seat to the Toilet Seat
A man ran from a cab driver after being unable to pay a $60 cab fare. Fenton police found the man hiding on top of a toilet in the women's restroom of the nearby St. Louis Bread Company. He was arrested for stealing.
Residential Oil Spill and Property Damage in High Ridge
A woman reported Dec. 5 that her home on Freckles Drive in High Ridge was vandalized after someone entered through a rear bathroom window after breaking it out with a rock. Once inside, the perpetrator covered the carpets, walls, furniture and her clothing with used motor oil. In addition, all picture frames, mirrors, dishes, appliances, sinks and toilets in the home were broken, apparently with a hajmmer. The damaged items included all interior walls and carpet of the residence, two standard toilets, three sinks, a glass top stove, oven and microwave, two tube televisions, one flat-panel television, numerous pictures, mirrors, mirrored doors, windows and window dressings, all of the victim's clothing, shoes and coats, two standard couches, an area rug, a coffee table, a china cabinet, all of the victim's dishes, a kitchen table, two dressers, a queen-sized bed and mattress, two bookshelves, numerous knick-knacks and collectibles, and a rear glass door. No items were taken from the home or the adjoining garage. The woman told sheriff's deputies she suspected her long-time boyfriend of the vandalism. She said she broke up with him and kicked him out of the house Dec. 5 and he had become increasingly agitated when she quit answering his phone calls and text messages.
For questions about this report, contact Dan Barger at Dan.Barger@patch.com.