The town hall debate between President Barack Obama and former Massachussetts Gov. Mitt Romney isn't the only big debate this week.
Incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill faces off against challenger Rep. Todd Akin tonight at Clayton High School. The event begins at 7 p.m. and will be aired live on KSDK NewsChannel 5. The debate is sponsored by KSDK, the School District of Clayton, the St. Louis Business Journal and the Clayton Chamber of Commerce.
According to KSDK, all of the tickets for the debate have been handed out but there will be a waiting list for anyone who still wants a seat. To put yourself on the list, call the Clayton Chamber of Commerce at 314-726-3033.
The race has been hotly contested with its fair share of national coverage since Akin's remarks in August regarding legitimate rape. Dueling poll numbers released this week claim a lead for both candidates.
See our previous coverage of the Akin/McCaskill race:
- Victims of Rape Speak in Latest Claire McCaskill Ads
- Missouri Senators Announce Support for Todd Akin
- Akin Suggests McCaskill Unladylike After Debate
- Polling for Money: Senate Conservatives Debate Funding Akin
- McCaskill: Rape Comment 'Window Into Akin's Mind'
- Akin Will Face McCaskill in November Senate Race