Fancy yourself a fan of Pioneer or Statesmen football? Here's a quiz to see just how much your knowledge of the teams measures up.
1. Although Kirkwood and Webster have had football teams in different years, both have had the same number of football seasons. Including 2012, how many football seasons have Kirkwood and Webster each had?
- A. 106 seasons
- B. 109 seasons
- C. 115 seasons
- D. 125 seasons
2. Which is the first year of Kirkwood football?
- A. 1894
- B. 1896
- C. 1901
- D. 1907
3. Kirkwood High School is tied for oldest high school football program in Missouri with:
- A. St. Louis University High School
- B. St. Louis Central High School
- C. Webster Groves High School
- D. Columbia’s Hickman High School
4. The last time Kirkwood led in rivalry football wins against Webster was:
- A. 1908
- B. 1911
- C. 1915
- D. 1922
5. How many times has Webster won the Missouri football championship?
- A. 4 times
- B. 5 times
- C. 6 times
- D. 7 times
6. Which football team was inducted into the Webster Groves High School Sports Hall of Fame in 2012?
- A. 1925 Webster football team
- B. 1945 Webster football team
- C. 1954 Webster football team
- D. 1978 Webster football team
7. As of right now, the total record of wins and ties, with Webster leading, is:
- A. 48-42-5
- B. 49-41-5
- C. 53-43-7
- D. 54-43-7
8. Which St. Louis County League football championship team declined (despite city/county tradition) to play the St. Louis City League football champion on Thanksgiving Day in favor of playing in the Turkey Day Game?
- A. 1922 Kirkwood football team
- B. 1930 Kirkwood football team
- C. 1945 Webster football team
- D. 1954 Webster football team
9. In rivalry wins and losses, the most wins that a team has been ahead of the other is:
- A. 10 wins
- B. 12 wins
- C. 14 wins
- D. 16 wins
10. The best Turkey Day coach…
- A. was my coach.
- B. was their coach.
- C. is Cliff Ice.
- D. is Matt Irvin.
1. C. 115 seasons
2. A. 1894
3. D. Hickman High School (Columbia, MO)
4. C. 1915
5. B. 5 times (1954, 1979, 1988, 2002, 2010)
6. D. 1978 Webster football team
7. C. 53-43-7
8. C. 1945 Webster football team
9. D. 16 wins (after the 1979 game)
10. If you sincerely answered this, you bleed school colors.